Friday 9 December 2011

Split Negative Mica Technique

I love to share techniques with fellow crafters, all this week my fellow design team members have been sharing techniques with everyone over on the Penny Black blog here so if you have time do pop over and see what they have been creating.

Today I am sharing the mica split negative technique with a video tutorial on how to make this style of card.


Materials used:
Penny Black "Winter Whites and Greens" 30-057 and "Fall Festival" mix and match cardstock 16-003.
Rusty Hinge and Barn Door Distress ink, Versamark ink and Mica Pigment.



Thanks for visiting me today and I hope you give this technique a go.
Hugs Cathy X


7 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful results from this technique, Cathy! Thanks for the video, and sharing it with us! :)

Mary said...

Thanks for the great video instructions. I'm going to try this and maybe use some different shapes. Would it be possible to stamp a sentiment with blank ink on top of the mica powder?

Mary said...

Thanks for the great video instructions. I'm going to try this and maybe use some different shapes. Would it be possible to stamp a sentiment with blank ink on top of the mica powder?

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous video Cathy. Your card is gorgeous!

Cathy A said...

Mary yes, it should work for a sentiment also, if you want the sentiment in black, I would try archival ink to get a clean impression.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful oranges and reds, love the deep and warm colors!

Paula (PEP) said...

This is terrific - especially seeing it done & how to create the initial foam stamp. I love the way you created the background using the same stamp & included the details of the paper piercing & the little bow.
Thanks for all your hard work.
Paula (PEP)