Wednesday 27 June 2012

Birthday Tags

I recently was given a Papercraft Inspirations Magazine from February, and it was so full of ideas, that I had to get crafting straight away.

There was a birthday card for an owl and so I used the layout to create a tag using stamping instead of paper punching, this is what I came up with.


Close up of tag open

Close up of tag closed


Materials:-
Penny Black:-  'Spring Meadows' 06-001 and 'Summer Sun' 17-003 Mix and Match Cardstock, 'Sweet Wishes' 30-104, 'A Bear of All Trades' 30-108, 'Airmail' 30-072, 'Sweet Home' 40-054, 'Warm Wishes' 40-074, 'Inspiring' 40-113, 'Word to the Wise' 40-141
Spellbinders:- Nesting Circles
Tsukineko:- Memento Cantaloupe ink and black pen, Vintage Sepia and Olympia Green Versafine Ink
Faber Castell:- Pitt Pastels 113, 153, 156 and 168
American Craft Ribbon
Sizzix Branches and leaves die
Quikutz Oval die
Plus Deco Roller Flowers
Kraft and White Card and Eyelet

Inked owl part of stamp with memento black pen and stamped onto scrap card, I then filled in with at the fine tip of the pen the top of the head and where the scroll would of been.  I then coloured him with pastel pencils and blended with my fingers to get a softer finish, once I was happy with the shading I cut him out.

I then stamped inspiring onto Kraft card and cut  a partial circle out of side,I then layered the summer sun circle that had been stamped with warm wishes using cantaloupe ink. Cut out the  branch, shaded the leaves and then  mounted onto card with owl.

The grass was stamped  and cut out and flowers added using the Plus Deco roller, details of these rollers can be found here and then attached to bottom of tag. I then added ribbon and stamped and cut out the sentiment and mounted onto summer sun card stock.

On white card I stamped the wording for the the inside of the tag and then attached to front of tag with a brad.

Hope your week is going well, for more tag inspiration hop on over to the Penny Black Blog here.
Hugs Cathy
x

6 comments:

shirley-bee said...

I love this tag, Cathy, it's so colourful and goes really well on the Kraft bag.

Paula (PEP) said...

This is just delightful & such a thoughtful embellishment for the carrier. Love the whole effect of the woodgrain with the leaves.
Paula (PEP)

Annette Allen said...

aww me likey....

Lin said...

Cathy, that is just darling! Love everything about it!

Elizabeth Allan said...

This tag is full of surprises! Not only the sentiment, but the slider as well!

Tracey said...

So cute Cath!!