Tuesday 5 June 2012

Just One Layer

I don't know about you, but it is really frustrating when I go to post a card and it is just a fraction too deep and I have go and buy a special stamp. This happens so often for me as many of my cards have layers or pearls that jut out a fraction too much.

So here is a one layer card that is guaranteed to work with an ordinary stamp!























To create the embossed oval on this card, I used a Spellbinders Grand Oval Die and run it through my machine with the tan embossing mat.  I kept the die in place whilst I added Distress Inks using a blending tool.  I shaded from the top right with Dried Marigold then added Ripe Persimmon and then finally Seedless Preserves.

The flower from 'Casual' 3365K and sentiment from 'Gratitude' 30-105 was then stamped with Versafine black ink.  The flower centres were then given a little sparkle with Orange Peel Stickles.

To add a bit more colour I inked the edge of the inside of the card with the same distress colours and then cut the edge with Spellbinders Classic Petal Edgeability die.

Penny Black are also showcasing one layer cards on their blog, so do hop on over here to check it out.

Hugs Cathy
x



7 comments:

Dawn T said...

superb card Cathy. Just love the embossed oval and the amazing colour.

Paula (PEP) said...

The classy elegance of this is gorgeous - super way of accenting the whole with the same colour edge as your inking.
Paula (PEP)

Barb said...

Wow, Cathy, this is gorgeous! Fantastic, rich color on your embossed oval! May just have to CASE this one - so beautiful! :)

Annette Allen said...

wow Cathy...this is stunning...lovely color...great design...

Elizabeth Allan said...

One-layer STUNNING!

annemarks said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours and it's so stylish :)

Greta said...

I'm just in awe, Kathy! LOVE the colors & design! I have to try just getting my Nestie embossed like this.