Wednesday 20 June 2012

Mimi need Rescuing

When I got the new Penny Black stamp release the first idea that came to my mind was this.....
























I just saw the damsel in distress in need of rescuing...maybe we need to have a knight in shining armour!!

Used:- 'Mimi at Play' 30-111, 'Sentiments' 30-025, 'Brick Wall' 40-137, 'Sweet Home' 40-054, 'Sweet Wishes' 30-104

I stamped the brick onto white card using Versafine Smokey Grey ink and then shaded using Antique Linen and Old Paper distress inks.  I then created the top the same way and mounted onto the tower using foam pads. The grass was then stamped onto separate card with Memento Black ink and coloured with Copics (the flowers are from a sticker roller by Plus) the  grass was cut out and stuck to base of card.  
The flag was stamped onto white card and coloured with spun sugar and worn lipstick ink .

Mimi was stamped onto separate card with Memento black ink, coloured with Copics and cut out.  This was then mounted onto the main card.  Mimi's crown was gold foiled to add shine!

I wonder how long she will have to wait in her tower?

Hope you are having a great week.

Hugs Cathy
x

7 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Fab card, Cathy! I love the tower, and I'm sure any girl would be thrilled to receive a card like this.

annemarks said...

So sweet and such a great idea. You always make such inspiring cards :)

Sally said...

Love this Cathy such a great idea.
Sorry I haven't visited for a while. I have missed some great cards.
Have a good day.
Hugs Sally xxxx

Amy said...

Myra saw this and has asked me to recreate it for her 5th birthday (still 9 months away)! Awesome work!

Elizabeth Allan said...

You have Mimi looking so adorable! I am sure she will be rescued in no time at all!

Cynthia said...

Love the way the brick turned out. Looks so real w/ the shading. And what a great way to add some interest by making the card a castle tower.

Paula (PEP) said...

Great fun - what a lovely way of telling a story to a little girl too. Love the brickwork with the grass detail.
Paula (PEP)