Monday 18 June 2012

Vellum and Origami Flower

I have been playing with some new toys this weekend from 'Design Memory Craft Faber-Castell', I just love to experiment with new things and have some ideas that I will be sharing with you all soon - if they work that is!

I used a Stampers Big Brush Pen, it is fabulous for inking up a stamp for a quick card and simple card.  You can see the pen I used on this card in this set here, it is a lovely green and perfect for leaves.  My inspiration came from the CASual-Friday challenge here, to use either vellum or acetate on a card and this is what I came up with.

To create this card I inked the leaves from Penny Black's 'Inspiring' 40-113 cling stamp using 'May Green' Stampers Big Brush pen and repeat stamped up the side of the card.

I then stamped the sentiment in the top left corner using Versafine black ink and the sentiment from 'Petal Party' 30-113.

The flower again from 'Petal Party' 30-113 was stamped onto vellum with Versmark ink and embossed with black powder and cut out.  I then added a a rosette to the centre, easily made by concertinaing a piece of origami paper and gluing the edges together and flattening!  A black gem was added to the centre to finish off the flower.  this was then glued to the bottom right corner of the card to finish.

Did you know that there is more inspiration using the new stamp designs over on the Penny Black Blog here, I have had a sneak peek at some of the designs and they will blow your socks off!

Come back tomorrow when I will have something fluttery to share with you!

Hugs Cathy
x

11 comments:

shirley-bee said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the black on vellum.

Barb said...

Cathy, this is so pretty! Love the tall shape and your beautiful flower!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous....

Julie said...

Love the design, the long shape and the flower!

Darnell said...

Cathy, YOUR stunning card blew my socks off! It's definitely got that WOW and I'm definitely going to emboss on acetate now that I've seen this! Thank you!

Darnell said...

P.S. Thank you for allowing a pin of this! And I reread it and see you embossed on vellum; just so vibrant!

Angie Tieman said...

Great CAS card, so striking! That vellum flower embossed in black is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Gayatri said...

What a beautiful vellum flower. Love the flower against the green leaves. Striking card. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays :)

Stephanie Washburn said...

Oh my... such a BEAUTIFUL flower! And I LOVE how the leaves trail up the side of the card- just amazing... Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

Virginia L. said...

Utterly stunning! If this is not a winner, I don't know what is!!? Love love it, Cathy! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridys! ALWAYS a DELIGHT to see your creations!

Paula (PEP) said...

This is quite beautiful & I love the way you decorated the centre of the flower. The leaf stamping is so effective with the placing as if it were a tendril & I love the oriental feel to the whole.
Paula (PEP)