Tuesday 17 July 2012

Back to School

The three words 'back to school' are ones that many mums love to hear after a wild summer of activity!
So today's post is with that in mind, I wanted to make a pen pot that would look great on any teachers desk and a card to encourage a child that school can be easy.

To create the pen pot I took an empty chocolate box and covered it with old dictionary pages using wallpaper paste.

 I lightly painted over with Claudine Helmuth Traditional Tan acrylic paint and stamped 'Breezy' 40-111 in Versafine Olympia Green and Memento Bamboo Leaves. I then sprayed a generous amount of Goose Bumps and added twine to the top and bottom. To finish off I embossed a butterfly from 'Social Butterfly' 30-116, and colour with Big Brush Markers Pale Geranium Lake 121 and Dark Chrome Yellow 109.




































This next card was created by stampingABC from the transparent set  'Zoophabet' 30-015 each letter was stamped onto scrap card, coloured with Copic markers, cut out and mounted onto a white card blank. Glossy accents were added to the letters to add extra dimension.

Thanks for visiting me today, tomorrow I will be back with a notelet set and a sneak peak of my next Faber Castell Design Memory Craft post.



2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the bright decoration of that pen pot - definitely a winner & certain to encourage any reluctant little schoolchild. Love the fun of the card too.
Paula (PEP)

Elizabeth Allan said...

This project looks fun on two fronts - the creative assembly and eating the chocolate to empty the box!