Wednesday 5 September 2012

A Gallon of Green

You may have noticed that several of my more recent projects follow the Design Rules that have been explained on the Moxie Fab blog.  Today's project is no exception, I have chosen to follow the rules of a Gallon of one colour (Green), a Quart of a secondary colour (Pink) and a Pint of the final colour (Yellow). For a full explanation of this principle and for details of the challenge click here.

I am also guest designing over at the Faber Castell Design Memory Craft® blog today, so do hop on over  here and say hello!  I have used their Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolour Pencils
 and their Stampers Big Brush Pens to create this summer tie dye look Strappy Tee.  And YES you can wash it...check out my video to find out how!


Materials Used:- Penny Black 'Petal Party' 30-113, Faber Castell Design Memory Craft® PITT® Artist Pen(s) Essentials set 770075, Yellow Set 770071 and Chromium Green Opaque 174; Mixed Media Aquarelles and Inks sets Red 770200, Green 770202 and Yellow 770201; Stampers Big Brush Pen Pink Madder Lake 129; Luminarte Fabric Simple Solution - Soft Acrylic Medium and a Strappy Tee.

If you want to try this but not get the tie dye bleed effect, check the end of my video where I can show you another small sample that has crisp painted lines.



Washing instructions:- First wash in cold water then for future washes wash at 30 deg.  My first sample has now been washed about 20 times and still hasn't faded!

Don't forget I have a GIVEAWAY running for entry rules check out this blog post here, to qualify for an extra entry today please leave a comment to include the words "I came here via Cathy A's Blog" on the Faber Castell Design Memory Craft® blog here.

Thanks for visiting me today and for all your wonderful encouraging comments.

Hugs Cathy
x

13 comments:

Kaypeanut said...

Thank you for this brilliant idea, Cathy. I will need to rush out and buy some t-shirts.

Lin said...

LOVE this, Cathy! You know me and hearts.......and flowers, too!

Paula (PEP) said...

This is a lovely way of applying those design principles. I have never seen anything like this done before so thank you for videoing the tutorial - I had no idea this was at all possible.
Paula (PEP)

annemarks said...

Its a lovely design Cathy and the clours are super Anne:)

Carole RB said...

Thanks for the great tutorial!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow!!! This is so cool and I love that it won't wash away! Thanks for the awesome tutorial!

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors!
DeniseB

Rozy said...

Oh wow! I am totally amazed. Had no idea this was possible!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great tee shirt - love your design and the way you have given us the video, thanks so much.
Blessings
Maxine

Prairie Scrapbooking said...

Great idea. I did'nt know you could do this with the Gelatos.

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, this is stunning and thank you so much for the video! Can you use the pens only to colour the image?

Katie said...

Really cool idea, with a great result! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Cathy! Thanks again for linking up to the Gallon/Quart/Pint Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. :)