Monday 29 April 2013

Creating Chrysanthemums

Chrysanthemums always have a special place in my heart, as they remind me of my wedding day and the Spider Chrysanthemums in my bouquet. I wanted to try and recreate the way the flower has closed and open petals and so took the die from the centre of Spellbinders Anemone flower Topper S5-067 and started to play with it to create a flower.  The video below shows how I made these little blooms!

Chrysanthemum Vase

Do you spy that gorgeous vase?  It is one of the new Spellbinder D-Lite dies called Filigree Vase S2-028, I just couldn't resist treating myself to this new die!



The card blank has been created using Spellbinders Big Scalloped Ovals Large S4-251 and Penny Black's Fall Festival Mix and Match Cardstock 16-003.  Matting ovals were then cut using Spellbinders Grand Ovals LF-110 cream and dark brown card.  The cream oval was distressed with Tim Holtz Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade ink whilst still in the die.

The flowers, vase and leaves from Spellbinders Foliage Two S5-129 were then attached to the card a vellum strip was then torn and the sentiment from Gratitude 30-105 stamped using Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy ink.

Thanks for visiting me today, if you are looking for further creative inspiration, check out the Penny Black Blog, where we will be showing projects created with the latest stamp release and there is a fabulous for the family challenge with prizes up for grabs!


Hope you have a happy and creative week.
Hugs Cathy
x