Monday 20 May 2013

You Have Been Spotted........

spotted blog graphic

The Penny Circle group on flickr has so much inspiration from so many talented people and Penny Black has asked us to pick a stamper and feature them on our blogs.  Wow such a hard task, there are so many people that create master pieces each day and post them in Penny Circle, how on earth am I supposed to choose?

I decided to go with someone that may not have been noticed in the group before and so a drum roll please for the AMAZING.............

Elke Vershooten, you can check out her blog here.

Elke is in Antwerp Belgium and loves working with Colours, Stamps and Papers.

This card she posted  in particular caught my eye.

IMG_4527

I just adore the clean lines and do you see that wonderful black and white colouring set off with that raspberry pink ribbon!

I was so inspired by the black and white colouring on Elke's card, that I decided to challenge myself and have a go at colouring Venetian Summer 40-217 using Copic Warm Greys (I used W00, W01, W03, W05 and W08) to create this card.

Venetian Elegance

I mounted my coloured in image onto white card that was cut using Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges S5-174 and a Pink matt using A2 Matting Basics A S6-001, then set onto the main dark grey card at a jaunty angle.

The sentiment from Penny Black's Edge to Edge 30-164, was stamped onto light grey card using Versafine Onyx Black ink and mounted onto a pink bracket cut using Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders One S5-181 Tip:- by cutting the stamp in half lengthways you can ink just the part you want easier.

Here is a closer look at the colouring
Close up of Venetian Black and White

I hope Elke has inspired you to create something too, All this week Penny Black will be sharing creative artists that have been spotted on the blog here, so do hop on over and check them out!

Hugs Cathy
x